ipc shopping centre
LITTLE ECO-HEROES AWARDS 2023/2024 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The “Little Eco-Heroes Awards 2023/2024” (“Competition”) is organised by IPC Shopping Centre, also known as Ikano Corporation Sdn Bhd (Company No. 457554-H) (“IPC”).
- The registration for the Competition and the initial video presentation submission starts from 1 November 2023 (12:00AM) to 8 December 2023 (11:59PM), both dates inclusive, while other deadlines for the Competition are as indicated under “Important Dates” below. Any of these dates may be extended or varied by IPC without prior notice. All registrations and submissions MUST be done electronically, and the registration link will be provided separately via the IPC Little Eco-Heroes Awards page at ipc.com.my/littleheroes. Entries received after 11:59PM on 8 December 2023 or are damaged, corrupted, incomplete or illegible will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- IPC reserves the right to modify the competition mechanics, withdraw or terminate the Competition at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice to any person.
- The Competition is open to all primary (aged 7 to 12) and secondary (aged 13 to 17) students from public and private institutions studying and residing in Malaysia.
- Employees of IPC, its affiliates and/or related companies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Participating team details:
- Each team MUST consist of a minimum of THREE (3) members and a maximum of FIVE (5) team members.
- Each team MUST consist of members within the same age group of either primary (aged 7 to 12) or secondary (aged 13 to 17) students; mixing of members from different age groups within the same team is not allowed.
- All participating teams are required to ONLY use and incorporate acceptable recyclable materials by IPC’s Recycling and Buy-Back Centre (RBBC) as the key materials for their inventions. The type of recyclables that IPC RBBC accepts are cardboard, paper, plastic, metal, aluminium, drink carton, polystyrene, textiles, and more. For the full list of acceptable recyclables in RBBC, please refer to this page at: https://www.ipc.com.my/services/recycling-buy-back-center/termsconditions.
- During team registration, all teams are required to submit a video project proposal and the details of the video presentation are as follows:
- Video duration should not exceed FIVE (5) minutes.
- Video presentation to highlight FIVE (5) main points:
- What: Introduction and a brief description of your invention.
- Why: The inspiration behind your invention and the anticipated end goals/objectives your invention will achieve.
- How: Description of how the recycled materials will be incorporated and highlighted as key materials in your invention as well as the anticipated benefits of your invention to the community or mother earth.
- Who: Who will benefit from your invention.
- Where: Where can your invention be used at
- Video presentation must be uploaded onto the IPC Little Eco-Heroes Awards page at ipc.com.my/littleheroes to complete the registration.
- Ideas generated must be originally created for the Competition. IPC will not hesitate to reject any proposal or disqualify any teams should there be any evidence of plagiarism or similar projects which had been implemented before.
- The details of the Competition will be communicated via the official IPC Shopping Centre website at: ipc.com.my/littleheroes.
- Announcement of the TOP 100 teams will be made on 13 December 2023 via IPC’s official email and social media accounts.
- TOP 100 teams will be given SEVEN (7) WEEKS for the project implementation starting from 14 December 2023 until 4 February 2024. During the project implementation phase, teams will be required to develop and build their prototype; test, compile and analyse data results.
- TOP 100 teams are required to ONLY use and incorporate acceptable recyclable materials by IPC’s Recycling and Buy-Back Centre (RBBC) as the key materials for their prototype build. The type of recyclables that IPC RBBC accepts are cardboard, paper, plastic, metal, aluminium, drink carton, polystyrene, textiles, and more. For the full list of acceptable recyclables in RBBC, please refer to this page at: https://www.ipc.com.my/services/recycling-buy-back-center/termsconditions.
- After completing the 7 WEEKS of project implementations, the teams are required to compile their journey of developing the project and testing the prototype in a reporting format – Final Report. The Final Report MUST be submitted together with a no more than FIVE (5)-minute video summary. The deadline for the submission is on 4 February 2024 at 11:59PM.
- The 5-minute video summary MUST be uploaded onto the IPC Little Eco-Heroes Awards page at ipc.com.my/littleheroes and the video MUST contain the following items:
- Brief background about the project or invention.
- Preview of the prototype and how it works.
- Preview of your inventor logbook that showcases the invention process as well as the incorporation of recycled materials in your invention.
- Preview of your poster board that highlights key points of your project or invention.
- How different is the team’s innovation in solving waste issues or contributing towards sustainability and improve the wellbeing of our community or mother earth?
- IPC will conduct an internal preliminary judging on 6 February 2024 to select the TOP 20 Finalists to be shortlisted for the Little Eco-Heroes Awards Grand Final 2024.
- Announcement of TOP 20 Finalists will be made on 8 February 2024 via the official IPC Shopping Centre website and social media accounts.
- TOP 20 Finalists are required to deliver their prototypes and information poster boards to IPC Shopping Centre by 15 February 2024 (6PM) as their creations will be on display in IPC Shopping Centre from 17 February to 2 March 2024 where the public can cast their votes on the official IPC Shopping Centre Facebook page.
- TOP 20 Finalists will be given preparation time for the Little Eco-Heroes Awards Grand Final 2024 that will be scheduled on 3 March 2024.
LITTLE ECO-HEROES AWARDS GRAND FINAL 2024
- TOP 20 Finalists will receive an email invitation to attend the Little Eco-Heroes Awards Grand Final 2024 ceremony happening in IPC Shopping Centre on 3 March 2024.
- TOP 20 Finalists will be allocated 10 minutes per team and the time breakdown are as follows:
- 5 minutes – Final Presentation
- 5 minutes – Q&A session with the panel of judges
- The panel of judges for the Little Eco-Heroes Awards Grand Final 2024 will consist of representatives from IPC, Alliance Bank and the Ministry of Education Malaysia (MOE).
- There will be FIVE (5) different award categories for each age group: primary (aged 7 to 12) and secondary (aged 13 to 17) students:
- Most Creative
- Most Practical
- Most Innovative
- Most Aesthetic
- Most Sustainable
- Teams will be judged based on the following components:
- EFFECTIVE USE OF RECYCLABLE MATERIALS (20%) – To illustrate how the teams are able to use and incorporate recyclable materials that are acceptable by IPC’s RBBC as the key materials for their project, invention or prototype build.
- INNOVATION & CREATIVITY (20%) – To gauge the thought process as well as the teams’ critical thinking level and how creative they are in providing viable solutions to tackle current sustainability issues.
- FUNCTIONALITY & SUSTAINABILITY (20%) – To assess how well the invention or prototype fulfils its intended purpose, measure its efficiency, environmental impact and resource usage to ensure it aligns with sustainability goals and community needs.
- THOROUGHNESS IN AWARD APPLICATION CRITERIA (30%) – To assess the thoroughness of the teams in providing relevant information and details covering the project/invention submissions and address any significant gaps or unanswered questions during the grand final presentation.
- PUBLIC VOTING (10%) – The public can cast their votes online to choose their preferred project/invention based on the prototypes and information poster boards displayed in IPC Shopping Centre.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding.
- Participants of the Competition with successful submission between 1 November 2023 (12:00AM) to 8 December 2023 (11:59PM) will be awarded with the following rewards:
- IPC will award 500 Tack Points to the FIRST 500 PARTICIPANTS with active Tack or Små Club memberships. Details of eligibility as follows:
- Participants aged 13 to 17 (Tack Club members) to receive their 500 Tack Points on their Tack Club membership accounts.
- Participants aged 7 to 12 (Små Club members) to receive their 500 Tack Points through their parent/guardian’s Tack Club membership account. Each parent/guardian can only accept this reward ONE (1) time regardless of the number of Små Club memberships linked to their Tack Club membership account.
- Alliance Bank will award RM50 cashback to the FIRST 200 PARTICIPANTS that applied for and activated the Alliance Buddy™ Account, or Alliance Junior Smart Saver-I Account (“Eligible Junior Account”) with a minimum account balance of RM500, and maintained the required balance in the Eligible Junior Account until the end of the account opening month.
- IPC will award 500 Tack Points to the FIRST 500 PARTICIPANTS with active Tack or Små Club memberships. Details of eligibility as follows:
- The winning teams of each award category across two age groups will receive the following prizes:
- Most Creative: 120,000 Tack Points (valued at RM1,000), RM500 cash, trophy and certificates per team.
- Most Practical: 120,000 Tack Points (valued at RM1,000), RM500 cash, trophy and certificates per team.
- Most Innovative: 120,000 Tack Points (valued at RM1,000), RM500 cash, trophy and certificates per team.
- Most Aesthetic: 120,000 Tack Points (valued at RM1,000), RM500 cash, trophy and certificates per team.
- Most Sustainable: 120,000 Tack Points (valued at RM1,000), RM500 cash, trophy and certificates per team.
- Consolation Prize Winners (Top 20 Finalists): Certificates
- The following terms and conditions apply to the prizes:
- The prizes are as stated and described on this website, and may be subject to availability.
- The prizes are provided on an “As Is” basis and is not transferable to third parties.
- IPC reserves the right to substitute the prizes without prior notice.
- The prizes are not exchangeable for credit or in kind.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR LITTLE ECO-HEROES AWARDS 2023/2024
|1 November – 8 December 2023||Team registration and video presentation submission|
|8 December 2023||Video presentation submission deadline|
|11 December 2023||Video presentation judging session|
|13 December 2023||Announcement of Top 100 teams|
|14 December 2023 – 4 February 2024||Project development phase (7 weeks)|
|4 February 2024||Preliminary video presentation and final report submission deadline|
|6 February 2024||Preliminary judging session|
|8 February 2024||Announcement of Top 20 Finalists|
|15 February 2024||Finalists’ prototype delivery to IPC|
|17 February – 2 March 2024||Online voting|
|3 March 2024||Little Eco-Heroes Awards Grand Final 2024|
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
- The winners will be announced during the Little Eco-Heroes Awards Grand Final 2024 ceremony on 3 March 2024.
- 120,000 Tack Points will be awarded to the nominated Tack Club membership accounts (amount to be equally split based on the numbers of accounts per winning team). RM500 cash will be credited to the nominated Alliance Bank bank accounts (one recipient from each winning team). Trophies, certificates and other award collaterals must be collected by the winning teams after the completion of the ceremony.
- Participants are not allowed to make any initial announcement before the release of IPC’s official announcement on any matter or event.
- By participating, the Participant expressly agrees and consents to:
- Participate in this Competition and be bound by these Terms and Conditions including all IPC’s decision in relation to the Competition.
- Allow IPC to collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers, the Participants’ photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Participant for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, in its original or edited format, in relation to this Competition without further notification, remuneration or compensation;
- Allow IPC to make use of, display, exhibit or otherwise incorporate any material provided by any Participant pursuant to this Competition, including videos and images (digital or otherwise), for the use and benefit of IPC at its sole discretion without further notification, remuneration or compensation.
- All IPC’s decision on all matters including but not limited to the eligibility of the Participants, Competition Mechanics and/or Prizes for this Competition or in the event of any dispute shall be final and binding and no correspondence or appeals shall be entertained.
- IPC reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Competition with or without any prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by IPC of this Contest shall not entitle any party to any claim or compensation against IPC for any and all losses or damage suffered or incurred by any party as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- In no event will IPC be liable for any loss or damages including without limitations, loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with this Competition, even if IPC has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
- All Participants shall be personally responsible for all taxes, rates, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to this Competition.
- IPC reserves the right at its absolute discretion to amend, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions, as the same may be amended from time to time, shall prevail over any provisions or representations contained in any other promotional material advertising this Competition.
- For more information, please visit ipc.com.my/littleheroes.
- For any inquiries regarding the Competition, please reach out to the Secretariat at 03-7725 4546 during the office hours from Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:30PM. Alternatively, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event where these is any inconsistency(ies), conflict(s), ambiguity(ies) or discrepancy(ies) between English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.